Saturday, July 30, 2011

Still Here!

I've noticed that while the Caffeinated Mommy had added all these wonderful tutorials and made several posts in the past few weeks, I've um...made none. Oh whoops... But as the Caffeinated Mommy and I have joked about on many occasions, knitting takes a lot longer than sewing. ;-) While she can crank something out in a couple of hours while her boys are napping, I'm amazed if I can finish I project in two or three days.

Lately, I've been feeling a bit under the weather, and DH has been super busy with work, traveling for more than half of the month, so I've been knitting, but I haven't had the extra time to write anything about it.

I finished a couple of projects for the Glee Cast Knitting Project that a wonderful group of Gleek knitters and crocheters put together. We made hand knit items for every member of the cast, and we're hoping that these lovingly made items will be worn by the actors on the show. It'd be pretty cool to see something I made on TV.

So here were my contributions:


Two hats for Finn (Cory Monteith). It was rather difficult to find a pattern for a character whose wardrobe is pretty much confined to jeans, striped polos or a football uniform.

Then, at the last minute, I made this cowl for Mercedes (Amber Riley). I love how it turned out, and I'll definitely be making another one for myself. :-)
For more information on the yarns and patterns I used for these items, visit my other blog: Somewhere Between the Stitches.

I also finished some other projects recently, and I don't think I've shared them here...

A dinosaur hat, made for a friend's little one who recently turned one:
The Stereostyle hat, which I also made for the same little man as the Dino Hat, but this is an improvised pattern, so I'm working on writing up both a knit and crochet pattern for the headphones. Will share them soon!
The hat itself is knit, but the headphones are crocheted on this version. I've made up another one with knit headphones, but I haven't got a photo of that one just yet.

I'm also still plugging along on the Ratchet and Clank hats, although from time to time, I need a break from those hats. Since I'm writing a pattern for those as I go along, it requires a bit too much thinking for my knitting tastes and there's only so much of it I can take at a time. ;-) So far, Clank is complete, and version 2 of Ratchet is in the works. Hopefully, I'll be able to share those patterns soon!

2 comments: