Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pirate Update

I had two options for making DH's pirate themed psp cozy. One was to make a skull in color (intarsia knitting) such as this one:



And the other option was to make a textured image in the same color like this image, although using the excellent skull pattern chart that I made a couple of nights ago:



I decided to try the second one out first. It would definitely be subtle, which is much More DH's style anyway. So, I got started, using a DK weight yarn and size 4 needles. I cast on 44 stitches according to the gauge swatch and got to work. Rather than knitting the stitches on the pattern, I purled them. And the result? A total disaster...

Maybe it's because I used black yarn that the contrast is very difficult to see... Or maybe it's because the "image" is far too small, but I would call this a total CraftFail:



It pretty just looks like I made a mistake... :-p so I suppose it's time to frog this and try the other option!

- Posted from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment